CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. If you’re a developer who lives in the real world of shared hosting accounts and clients with deadlines, and if you’re tired of ponderously large and thoroughly undocumented frameworks, then CodeIgniter might be a good fit.
CodeIgniter is an Application Development Framework – a toolkit – for people who build web sites using PHP. Its goal is to enable you to develop projects much faster than you could if you were writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.
CodeIgniter Is Right for You if…
- You want a framework with a small footprint.
- You need exceptional performance.
- You need clear, thorough documentation.
- You are not interested in large-scale monolithic libraries.
- You need broad compatibility with standard hosting.
- You prefer nearly zero configuration.
- You don’t want to adhere to restrictive coding rules.
- You don’t want to learn another template language.
- You prefer simple solutions to complexity.
- You want to spend more time away from the computer.
CodeIgniter All Version [Download]
Link Sumber: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/